General business terms and conditions of SALAINE UG with regard to distant and electronic sale transactions via www.salaine.com for purchases by private customers
Last updated: 30/10/2014
The following general business terms and conditions of the
VATIN: DE 296288300
Managing Director: Björn-Oliver Georg
Phone: +49 8131 3909021
apply in their respective valid form at the time of ordering your products from www.salaine.com insofar as an extensive consumer protection is not revoked in your place of residence in Europe. You can print or download the text on your computer. Any regulations deviating from these conditions are only valid if confirmed by us in writing.
(1) Our quotations on goods and prices during the ordering process are non-binding and subject to confirmation. The purchase is only binding through your order by clicking on the “Buy Now” button and is subject to our acceptance. The purchase contract is only valid and a claim for delivery and payment of the goods only exists after your order has been accepted. We are not obligated to accept your purchase offer.
(2) The presentation of products in our online shop is not a legally binding offer but a non-binding online catalogue. By clicking on the “buy” button, you enter into a legally binding contract to purchase the products in your shopping cart. Confirmation of your order takes place together with the acceptance of the order immediately after an automated email is sent. The purchase contract becomes valid with this email confirmation.
Right of revocation
You have the right to revoke this contract within fourteen days without giving a reason. The revocation period is fourteen days from the day the goods were delivered to you or to a third-party authorized by you to receive the goods on your behalf.
The right of revocation, however, does not apply to contracts for the purchase of sealed goods that cannot be returned if the seal is removed after delivery due to health or hygienic reasons.
To exercise your right of revocation, simply send us a clear statement about your decision (e.g., per mail or email) to:
You can hereby use the attached withdrawal form, which is, however, not obligatory.
Timely dispatch of the revocation is sufficient for compliance with the revocation deadline.
Consequences of revocation
If you revoke this contract, we are obliged to reimburse all payments received from you, including shipping costs (with the exception of additional costs that would result if you had opted for a shipping method different from those we offer), without delay and within fourteen days from the day of receipt of the revocation request. For the reimbursement, we use the same payment mode that you used unless expressly agreed otherwise; in no case will you be charged for this reimbursement.
We may withhold the reimbursement until we have received the returned goods or until we receive proof that you have shipped the goods back, whichever is earlier.
You are obliged to promptly return the products within fourteen days from the day you inform us of revocation of this contract. This deadline is observed if you send the goods before the fourteen-day deadline.
You will only be charged for any diminished value of the goods if this value loss is traced back to a mishandling on your side after inspection of the state, properties, and functionality of the goods.
Example evocation form
(If you wish to cancel the contract, simply fill out this form and send it back to us.)
- I/We (*) hereby wish to cancel the contract for my/our (*) purchase of the following products (*)/order of the following service (*):
- Ordered on (*)/received on (*)
- Name of the customer (s)
- Address of the customer (s)
- Signature of the customer(s) (only for paper form)
(*) delete as applicable.
(1) We only deliver within Germany, to Austria, Switzerland, Denmark, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg, Italy, France, Spain, and the UK. Delivery is made from our warehouse to the specified delivery address, pick-up station, or post office within Germany. Delivery to post office boxes is excluded.
(2) Independent of the value of the ordered goods, we charge an amount of € 5.20 for standard shipping and € 12.00 for express shipping (within Germany and only possible per credit card). The shipping cost to Austria, Switzerland, Denmark, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg, Italy, France, Spain, and the UK is € 18.90 per order independent of the value of ordered goods.
(1) The following payment options are available for you depending on the size of the order:
a. Prepayment b. Invoice c. ExperCash (American Express, Master Card, VISA Card, Maestro, and IMMEDIATE TRANSFER) d. PayPal. The means of payment are limited in case the delivery address is different from the billing address.
(2) The purchase price is due upon complete delivery i.e., handover of the goods. Your account will be charged on the earliest possible date depending on your chosen means of payment. If you choose invoice as the means of payment, the order amount must be credited to the given bank account within 14 days after receipt of the goods. If payment is done using a credit card (American Express, Master Card, or VISA Card) the order amount is directly invoiced to the credit card account. Your account is charged on the earliest possible date depending on the means of payment.
(3) Should the invoice amount to be paid not be credited to our account on time, you are automatically deemed to be in default. Even without further notice, you will be obliged to pay the additional amount of the statutory interest amounting to five percentage points above the applicable European Central Bank base rate as well as default charges, particularly the additional collection costs. You, however, have the right to prove that no or lesser damage resulted.
The same applies if the invoice amount is rejected by the account-holding institution or not paid within 30 days after the invoice date when paying with a credit card (American Express, Master Card, or VISA Card) or PayPal.
(4) The delivered goods remain in our ownership until we receive your full payment. In case of any contractual violations by you, particularly in the event of default in payment, we shall be entitled to demand the return of goods after granting an appropriate grace period; you are obliged to return the delivered goods.
(1) The product images must not always match the actual appearance of the delivered products. Warranty claims are excluded insofar as the changes are reasonable for the customer.
(2) In case of a defective product, we will subsequently replace the product or repair the defect within a reasonable period. We are entitled to provide an alternative solution if your proposed remedy is only possible at a disproportional expense. We will bear the costs of the subsequent repair or replacement. If we fail to meet this obligation, you have the right to cancel the purchase or reduce the purchase price.
(3) Defective products must be returned to us unless you have opted for a reduction of the purchase price.
(4) Warranty claims shall become time-barred after 2 years after delivery of the products.
(5) We shall bear the shipping costs incurred when returning a defective product.
Compensation due to violation of a contractual obligation must be done within the legal conditions. The same applies for warranty claims based on the Product Liability Act. All references to the packaging and attachments must be observed. No liability is assumed for deviating use and/or handling.
(1) We reserve the right to change the terms and conditions at any time. These can always be viewed in their updated version at www.salaine.de.
(2) The German law applies with exclusion of the UN Law on the Sale of Goods.
(3) Claims and complaints can be sent to the address specified in § 1.
(4) As of February 15th 2016, the European Commission provides an extra-judicial mediation platform for resolving customers contractual disputes with traders. This platform is available at the following link http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/